They were responsible for most of the pollution of the environment, which caused the developement of the Dead Zone.
(Some links to pictures related to th G-Directorate: )
- Finances: The G-Directorate owned the Federal Reserve Bank
- Textiles: The G-Directorate manufactured special clothing for it's employees like Mr. Snippy's fireproof jacket. It is not known whether those were up for sale to the common public.
- Copyrights: The G-Directorate earned vast amounts of their money by copyrighting anything they could get their hands on, even basic human needs like sleep and dreams.
- Dead-Zone-Tourism-Department: Guided tours into the Dead Zone outside of the city domes for scientists and tourists. The G-Directorate gave the tour-guides special training and seems to have had specially designed vehicles for difficult terrain. The vehicles had inbuilt transmitter-devices to allow people to connect to the ANNET from within the Dead Zone, but these were apparently unreliable.
- Research: Among others Project 7 was started by the G-Directorate, to find the luckiest human on Earth. It's likely therefore that there have been at least 6 other projects before that. Furthermore the effects of ANNET-withdrawal were tested on several unlucky individuals. (But, 7 might also refer to the number 7 being associated with luck.)
- ANNET: G-Directorate's search-engine. Humans were able to connect to it either using a neural interface or with the signal from the transmitter towers. Surfing the internet during the sleeping hours was a cheap alternative to buying dreams.
- I-dream composer: Sending copyrighted dreams for money to the humans who didn't want or couldn't use the ANNET system while sleeping.
- Police & Military?: A few of the G-Corporate's employes seem to have military ranks. Since Dr. Gromov, who was a shareholder ordered a nuclear strike on the ANNET servers, the chances are high that the G-directorate was a military organisation, and maybe even had it's own police force.
Connections to Captain's squad
It is likely that we can assume that all members of Captains squad at some point worked for the G-Directorate.
- Captain was Subject 7 in their Project 7 research. It was Dr. Alexander Gromov, who raised him to the rank of a Captain.
- Snippy had the rank of an officer and worked in an office as a low paid pencil pusher (probably in the research branch) until he was reassigned to the Dead-Zone-Tourism-branch.
- Engie aka Dr. Gromov was a key figure. Not only was he a shareholder but was also one of the head scientists of the G-Directorate, programming the ANNET and starting Project 7.
- Pilot's connections to the G-Directorate are unknown, if they indeed had a military branch Pilot was most likely one of their fighter pilots and / or one of their other test subjects.